Tidal Waters Sport Fishing Licence:

Tidal Waters Licenses are required to fish for any species of finfish or shellfish.  They can be obtained in person; a parent may obtain a licence for a child under age 16; and a licence can be obtained for a spouse.  Your license must be produced on request by a fishery officer, conservation officer or fishery guardian, so ensure you have your licence with you while fishing or transporting your catch.  When you purchase your licence online, you must print it and carry it while fishing so that you can immediately record your chinook, lingcod or halibut catch on the licence in ink.  Children under 16 years old are required to obtain a licence, however there is no fee.

Electronic Licence Restriction – Halibut:

Only a Canadian resident may fish for halibut under an electronic licence in Areas 23, 121 and 123. Non–residents of Canada wishing to fish for and retain halibut in Management Areas 121, 23 and 123 must purchase an electronic licence through a Canadian Independent Access Provider.

For more details including licensing fees, click here.  To get your license, click here or, come down to Island Outfitters.

Non-Tidal Sport Fishing Licenses:

Non-Tidal Licences are now available on-line. The new Non-Tidal (Freshwater) Fishing E-Licensing system allows anglers to register to obtain an Angler Number and purchase their basic No-Tidal Angling Licence, Classified Waters Licences, White Sturgeon Conservation Licences and Conservation Surcharge Stamps, at any time.

For more details including licensing fees click here or, come down to the store.  To get your license, click here or come down to the store.